Tuesday 21 October 2014


Regular Line Sheffield (UK) - Topolcany (SK) 2014

"There are many, many good results from that revolution from the end of the last year. One of the best for us (students) is that now we mustn't do exams from marxismus teorie."     Zuzana N., 13/02/1990 ...

Dear Zuzana,
we are packed and ready to go! The day of departure has come round so quickly! I was so busy getting my art work ready that I didn't have time to write to you earlier! We are all very excited! Tonight we will be in Bratislava and I can't wait to explore your home town for the first time. It is a pity that you and me won't be able to meet. But you never know - we may pass each other as strangers in the street ... 
I look forward to meeting people from your country and being submerged in a language and culture I haven't encountered before. I visited Prague just after the Wall came down in 1992 and it was an incredible experience. Again, a lot has changed since then and I know that Slovakia will be different. I am taking the shredded letters. They only just fit into my bag! Most of the space is taken up by 'Broken Tree', my vinyl lettering piece for Nastupiste 1-12 gallery. I expect the next few days to be very busy so there will be no time for letter writing. I will report back with my impressions after our trip! Susanne